In the spirit of Thanksgiving, I’d like to make a list of some random things that have been a blessing for me lately.
- My middle daughter had an eye check-up and did not want me in the exam room, so I was blessed with some time in the waiting area to sip hot cocoa and watch one of those competitive house-buying TV shows.
- I have a pumpkin pie in the oven. The most difficult part of baking a pie is getting it into the oven without moving the strips of aluminum foil around the edges (which keep the crust from burning). This time the transfer to the oven was a piece of … pie!
- On a whim, the kids and I decided to check out our library’s kids’ game night. We had a great time! And the library director blessed us by lending us three games to take home for a whole month.
- My kids love Thanksgiving. They really get me into the spirit:) We have this Happy Thanksgiving banner that we print out and color every year. I would have only done it once, but the kids make sure we do it every single year.
- Homeschooling is so flexible. My sleeping patterns have been off a little (wide awake after the kids are in bed, and super sleepy in the mornings). Thankfully, the kids don’t mind starting school work later, and no one else cares either!
- The delete button on my email is a blessing:) I’ve been getting so many Black Friday advertisements that would normally tempt me and stress me out (because I don’t care for Christmas shopping, but I know it has to be done). This year, I’m just deleting everything that looks like it’s going to want me to spend too much money. And I’m not feeling bad about that at all!
What random things are blessing you these days?